Friday, May 11, 2012

The Perfect Mom


I often compare myself to other moms. I know I have my strong points but I wonder if the lacking in my weak areas will negatively affect my kids for the rest of their lives. I am good at planning and organizing, structure and schedules, teaching biblical principles, scripture memory and efficient in getting all my house work done.  But I am not good at creativity, art projects, innovative cooking and snacks, playing for long extended amounts of time and the list goes on.

I just pray their “art projects” at church, bible study and other programs will be sufficient enough for their creative side to be stimulated. I don’t like play-doh, paint and pretending to be a princess. I give them a crayon and paper and say, “Draw me an animal.” Isn’t that good enough?

Is it really possible to be good at everything? I don’t want to limit my kids or stifle their growth in any way. Maybe that’s what the mom network is for, to do life together. If anyone wants their kids to learn bible verses and bible stories, bring them over to my house. Or if you want help with a schedule, give me a call. And if anyone wants to invite us over to do some spiffy art project, let’s do it! Or if you want to send me some great and easy recipes, please do!

The older I get, the less I know. But I know one thing for sure. God made me specifically for my kids. He designed my kids with me in mind. Somehow, He will sovereignly make up for all my weaknesses to allow my kids to turn out as well rounded as possible.

 I was created to be the Perfect Mom for my kids.


1 comment:

  1. That is right, you are the perfect Mom for your kids, they are blessed. No Mom is good at everything! Also Love covers it all and that is what will give them everything they need!!
    Love, your imperfect Mom

    ReplyDelete