Sunday, March 25, 2012

Serve God

I have expressed in previous blogs that my heart’s desire my whole life has been to do ministry. All I have ever wanted to do since I was young was to serve God with all my heart. I would love to adopt a lot of kids and host a bunch of foster kids through my home and write books and travel on the speaker network to encourage women to seek God every day for their homes, families and lives.

At this point, I would just love to be able to help in the ministry for the RNC coming to town in Tampa, be a women’s small group leader at church, be on the speaker team at church and be a leader in the married’s small group with my husband. But we don't have any extra time in our packed full schedule with small children right now for any of that. I have big dreams and aspirations to be used by God in large ways to reach a huge amount of people for Him. I want to have an influence in this world for the kingdom of Heaven and to make a mark on history.

But you know what I spend most of my days doing? Dishes, meal preparation, grocery shopping, cleaning toilets, getting on my hands and knees to clean messes off the floor after every meal time, laundry, wiping bottoms and noses, washing hands and feet. Not glamorous.

But neither was the ministry of Jesus. Isn’t that almost exactly what Jesus spent His days doing? Serving the poor, needy, sick and destitute. In fact, His public ministry was only 3 years long and He was the Son of God!

“Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes Me; and whoever welcomes Me welcomes the One who sent Me. For he who is least among you all- he is the greatest.” Luke 9:48

I am doing the work of God every day in my home. I am serving my kids and my husband just like Jesus would. I am making a difference for this next generation. I am influencing my kids all the time. Whether that is serving them with an attitude of joy or resentment. They will know Jesus by my love through my actions.

The other day, I sat my 3 and a half yr. old daughter down in a chair and I was seated on the ground wiping the bottom of her dirty feet with a wet wipe. I told her to say “Thank you Mom, for washing my feet.” She responded with, “ Thank you Mom for washing my feet just like Jesus washed those people’s feet.”

This is the greatest and biggest ministry of my lifetime. My home is where I can put into practice my spiritual act of worship.

This is my calling and this is how I will serve God all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment